Are you able to offer your help to any of these people in need during the Covid-19 outbreak?
You can help in any way you’d like; whether it’s picking up a few extra groceries for a neighbour in need while you’re shopping for yourself, walking the dog of someone who is unable to leave their house, or just giving someone a call to check-in and see how they’re doing.
Please click on the posts below to see how you could help out.
My grandparents, 91 and 89, need someone to go to the supermarket on their behalf maybe once a week to get food and supplies. They can pay but they need someone to buy the food and deliver it to their house. My granddad usually drives to Aldi to get the weekly food shop so someone to go in his place would be ideal, but obviously any shopping from any supermarket would be endlessly appreciated.
HelloI have a dog who i walk most days. She now 6 weeks pregnant. I am not able to spend long periods of time out walking with her. I have been told i am ok to meet a friend as long as we stick to the social distancing rules so that both Evie and I can et the exercise we need. I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me if i cant get out at all or if i cant get my shopping ?
1. A person in need will post a request for help using the form on the ‘I Need Help’ page.
2. A member of our team will receive the request and, if it is deemed reasonable, they will approve the request and make it public for volunteers to see.
3. When a volunteer who can provide adequate help sees a request for aid, they’ll apply to help via the website.
4. A member of our team will receive the volunteer’s application and verify that they are able to help.
5. We will then connect the person in need of help with the volunteer so that they can arrange how the help will be best delivered.